Kukri V2

Justin W.

Alright so It was really bugging me that the handle on that first Kukri wasn’t as comfortable as I would’ve liked so I decide to crank out another one! This one had the same blade shape but I flared out the tail end of the handle and made the finger groove larger. This handle is night and day different from the last one and this is one of my favorite knives I’ve made!

It’s made from 80crv2 and has a mustard patina. The handle is OD micarta with black micarta pins

4EEE593A-86AA-40C3-B687-AECD504E694A.jpegDD9B0FB7-628E-421B-804A-CE65588FE461.jpegBBCB2549-41B3-40D4-9B66-0C426C6DE391.jpeg

NICE!!!! I think you may have found your signature blade! Kukhri knives are huge sellers. If I were you I would take the best pics possible and post them on every site you can imagine.

John, why is that? Being hugh sellers , that is.

Kukri bridge that gap between camp knife and machete, kinda sorta where the big bowies fall, and for this reason there is a lot of crossover between the collectors who buy them. Like big bowies, there's a "cool factor" in owning one because they're actually a very useful knife for bushcrafting.

Bushcrafters love them. They are the ultimate bugout bag prepper knife. People with an affinity for military/historical pieces love them. And people who tend toward fantasy knives love them because they look super cool and are actually useful, which many fantasy knives aren't.

And what is cool for us knifemakers is that there aren't many quality Kukri being offered by production companies, so people who want a good one are prepared to pay for custom.

Kukri bridge that gap between camp knife and machete, kinda sorta where the big bowies fall, and for this reason there is a lot of crossover between the collectors who buy them. Like big bowies, there's a "cool factor" in owning one because they're actually a very useful knife for bushcrafting.

Bushcrafters love them. They are the ultimate bugout bag prepper knife. People with an affinity for military/historical pieces love them. And people who tend toward fantasy knives love them because they look super cool and are actually useful, which many fantasy knives aren't.

And what is cool for us knifemakers is that there aren't many quality Kukri being offered by production companies, so people who want a good one are prepared to pay for custom.
Thanks , John. That 'splains it, Lucy.

I would just like to echo what John said. Since posting the two kukris on my social media I’ve seen a spike in people visiting and following my pages and I have already got two confirmed orders and five inquiries regarding dimensions and pricing!

The Kukri doesn’t chop as good as a hatchet or handle fine camp task as good as a 8” drop point BUT it can do both those things moderately well and look freaken awesome while doing it so it’s the perfect storm for a knife that balances form and functionality

Back