KYDEX Sheath Makers !!! We need your HELP !!!

Bill T

Hey Dogs , what I'm asking for help with is this . It has to do with our Hometown Heroes Military Build .
One of our goals is to provide a Kydex sheath with the knives we're building .​

What we need is a means to secure the sheath to the soldiers gear - without a Molle lock or Tek lok .​
If we have to , just making a belt loop out of Kydex will have to do .​

But we need to come up with something - just made from Kydex - something that we all would be able to make ..

Does anyone have an idea that they would be willing to share with us ?​
I'm not asking for anyones personal trade secrets or signature design , just something simple that will get the job done .​

Thank you for any and all consideration on this .​
Bill​

That's a great belt loop , but .. I'm looking for something that can be attached to Molle equipment . Preferably with a carry on the chest ..

Here is what I use.
I use .090 kydex and 2 chicago screws once the two fingers are folded over to meet the bottom of the attachment.
Sorry but I do not have a completed one to show you.

Attachments

• Molle template.jpg
    Molle template.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 30
The last one pictured is what I was thinking would be the most practical method for attachment to molle equipment. I've done similar in leather, and I"ve seen it done in nylon as well. Its as easy as cutting two inch wide straps.

Thanks guys ! K. Robinson , I'd love to see one when done . It'll be a while before we get to our Kydex phase so if you get the chance to photo one , I'd sure appreciate it !!

Hey Dogs , what I'm asking for help with is this . It has to do with our Hometown Heroes Military Build .
One of our goals is to provide a Kydex sheath with the knives we're building .​

What we need is a means to secure the sheath to the soldiers gear - without a Molle lock or Tek lok .​
If we have to , just making a belt loop out of Kydex will have to do .​

But we need to come up with something - just made from Kydex - something that we all would be able to make ..

Does anyone have an idea that they would be willing to share with us ?​
I'm not asking for anyones personal trade secrets or signature design , just something simple that will get the job done .​

Thank you for any and all consideration on this .​
Bill​

Bill,
why not use the Molle lock or the tek loc? I will say right off that i know nothing about how attach equiptment to the gear except what i see in pictures. do they not secure tightly, or is it a cost issue for these systems? i have bought a few and they can get pricey. Just asking so i can learn something. thanks.

Hey Uncle Billy , It sure would be easier to use the Molle's and Tek loks. But the cost for 50 sheaths worth is around $400-$500 . We can't afford it ...

Back