Last piece for 2014 by David Roeder J.S.

David Roeder

Happy New Year ! Here's my last knife for the 2014 year. 96 layer Damascus blade, and my new "Pasture Wood" handle made from horse manure. Hope you have a great year ahead ! image.jpg

That is a one beautifully polished turd. Lol Sorry had to continue the toilet humor. That truly is some beautiful work. The patterns on the damascus and the handle truly create a work of art. Great work. Is the pasture wood an epoxy blend with the manure?

Last edited:
It's treated with a castable resin first, the pressed into a mold. Once that hardens I cut the bigger block into handle blocks and stabilize them in that form.

Great knife and interesting handle material. Your work is always top notch.

Peter

OK, its killing me, is the pasture wood a floater or a sinker? :les:

Thank you guys ! I tried for this one to make it one that most everyone would be talking about and definitely remember. I think I accomplished that.
The handle material now is defiantly a sinker. I had a hard time working it, not from the material its self, but just the fact I was handling such a material that doesn't happen every day. It came out well though, and I will be making more in the coming months.

Back