Latest W'sIP

Roger

Even though I've been a member of this forum for a couple of years I still consider myself new. Between long work hours and a short illness I don't get near as much time to engage in my hobby as I would like. So, if my work shows a lack of skill it's really a lack of being able to practice as much as I want.

These are two I'm trying to finish for Christmas gifts. The first is for a good friend who enjoys old Ford trucks as much as I do, it's a pick-up coil spring I hammered out. I'll be doing a few of these for other guys I know that will appreciate the origin of the steel. The handle is elk horn with brass and a stainless spacer up front. I've really enjoyed making this one.

The other blade is for a family gift, there are a bunch of old retired loggers in the family that might get a kick from it. The saw chain was forged into a piece of Aldos 1095. This will also get an elk hord handle with some brass pins and a mosaic pin.

Comments welcome, this is a damn good forum.latest WIPs 001.jpglatest WIPs 002.jpglatest WIPs 006.jpg

Looks darn good.
If you're lucky, your own unique style will show through in every peice instead of blending in with other people's work. You can't go wrong giving a gift like that, it will outlast you, them and crummy pair of socks.

Rudy

Using old truck parts gives me plenty of free materials. I like working with the old coils and I want to try scrounging the bearing box for a good sized race. I'm trying to learn the basic's and do what I like to do based on good practice. If I try to follow someone else I'll never make anything I'm happy with.

Back