Laugh if you will...

rasret01

but I had to get this one out of my system. Two feet of 1098, maple and brass fantasy sword with a rope files spine. Now I can get back to edc's and hunters. ;)

dex knife 3.jpgdex knife 2.jpg

Dick

I Like it!
May I suggest that you make a small version for a EDC about 25% in size with about a 4" blade?
It will be very cool & wicked looking. with the same recessed two part handle.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Nothing to laugh about here. Well, maybe the heart is a little funny. ;)

Looks good. How did the heat treat go on such a long blade?

When I make a knife, the designs and the work are from my heart. I love what I do as I assume you do too. There is no way I could laugh at a heart felt project.
That being said, I see a bunch of different design influences represented in this one. The combination worked well and you pulled it off with great. Thinking outside the box is what knife making is all about. It's difficult to find a design that hasnt been used before. Most of us use variations of well used designs, it's almost impossible not to. Knives have been around a long time. I applaud your effort and encourage you to keep following your heart.

Thank you gentlemen. I enjoy making knives that look and feel every day useful, but its also necessary to push the limits occasionally. After grinding (on my Sear's 2 x 42) I normalized once then soaked at 1500 for 10 minutes and then did a vertical quenched in peanut oil. Tempered at 500 for 1 hr x 2. I expected some warping at the narrow part of the blade but it stayed straight. I get some weird looks when I show the knife because around here anything with a blade length over 4" is dismissed as "too big to hunt with". This one will stay on the wall until my grandson develops a fascination with the fantasy world, and then it will be his. I appreciate your comments.

Dick

I'm a teenager so I know about these things. This is one of the better fantasy blades I have seen. Only one blade and no knuckle dusters, throwing stars, grapples, lasers or skulls actually makes it a quality looking piece instead of something ridiculous.

I'm a teenager so I know about these things. This is one of the better fantasy blades I have seen. Only one blade and no knuckle dusters, throwing stars, grapples, lasers or skulls actually makes it a quality looking piece instead of something ridiculous.

I agree on the beauty and function of your piece as well!
I am a bit tired of not only seeing human skulls all over many knives as well as just about everything else these days.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

Functional fantasy knives are cool. Full stop; or period if you will. I think everyone should make one.

Back