Leather Snaps Question

SC_Knives

I've been using the line leather snaps for the last few years with mixed results, and I am looking for something different... Does anyone know if screw style leather snaps exist? I have used the screw style rivets before, but haven't seen a snap like that yet.

Any help would be great!

They do exist, in about line 24 size. Automotive and boat industry use. They are used to batten down boat covers, tonneau covers, convertible boots etc.....and they most nearly all come with sheet metal screws on the male side. I really don't see how they could apply to leather work.

If the Line 20 and 24 snaps are giving you troubles when setting them, and if you have the occasions to use quite a few, I would suggest you invest in one of those "pump handle" presses from Tandy along with the appropriate dies and you will probably never screw up another snap while setting it. I've had mine for years and it does the job right every time.

Paul

Be sure to check Chicago Luggage. If there is a snap, grommet, concho, buckle or rivet made .....they have it. Tandy can't hold a candle to these folks!

Back