Little 3-piece hunter...

Holy crap that checkering looks good John. I call that pattern OCD Damascus because all of the lines are nice and orderly like they should be...

Gorgeous! I love how the clip shows a different perspective of the pattern. Everything is so crisp and clean! Perfection.

A man who pays that much attention to detail does not miscount the number of pieces nor does said man include unnecessary/irrelevant pieces in his work. Scales, blade, screws, and I’m assuming 3 sleeves (not sure what they’re called, but something for each screw to go in) comes out to 12 pieces. So here are my bets...
1) he told us 16 pieces in this post for a reason
2) the 4 missing pieces are critical in this build
3) the 4 pieces ain’t easy to make or install.

I’m curious.

Gorgeous! I love how the clip shows a different perspective of the pattern. Everything is so crisp and clean! Perfection.

A man who pays that much attention to detail does not miscount the number of pieces nor does said man include unnecessary/irrelevant pieces in his work. Scales, blade, screws, and I’m assuming 3 sleeves (not sure what they’re called, but something for each screw to go in) comes out to 12 pieces. So here are my bets...
1) he told us 16 pieces in this post for a reason
2) the 4 missing pieces are critical in this build
3) the 4 pieces ain’t easy to make or install.

I’m curious.

Haha.....man, you crack me up. I love your posts. :cool:

Those 4 pieces are key to this whole build style.

Very nice! I was actually thinking of a way I could make a Damascus pattern similar to that the other day.

Fortunately this is about as easy of a pattern as you can do.

This blade was literally a cube of scrap off the floor that was a cutoff of the end of another billet. I just didn't want to waste it.

Back