looking better & a few questions!??

martinjj

Well this is my third attempt on my first sheath and I think "third time is a charm"!!!! Are there any tips on using the edge beveler tool! I have practiced on some scrap But I seem to have a hard time taking the same amount off as I go? should you always bevel your edge?

Is it better to slick the edges dry or wet? I put piecece of brass in the drill press and really don't see much of a change?

after I have this all stiched up I want to shape form it around the knife ( wrap knife in plastic put in sheath and dampen sheath) will re-wetting the sheath lose the stamping? How do I push the leather around the knife with damagingeing the stamping?

001.jpg002.jpg003.jpg

Last edited:
Before you get too excited about wet forming, edge finishing, etc. you had better stitch belt loop on if it is going to have one.

Yes, if you really wet the sheath and press hard to mold it, the stamping will fade considerably. You don't "push" the leather around without affecting the stamping.

Yes. you should always bevel your edge, after it is stitched together and squared up. Make sure your edger is SHARP and keep it that way.

I always burnish my edges wet with saddle soap and water BY HAND.

Paul

Last edited:
Back