Looking for a short cut

ditto...simply cannot hand sand anymore...
If I remember right you suffer from some type of neuropathy, if I’m wrong I’m sorry. That said, the vibration from the sander didn’t help out my arthritis any. I was able to do about 15 minute stints was all. My sander is old, and cheap, so I can’t speak to the tools ability to absorb vibrations. In my travels I am going to do some research, and see if any of the newer ones offer any kind of vibration reduction technology.

kev, i just tried the compression gloves. i wear two pairs and they really work for me. before i was using the gloves, after working on blades, my hands would curl up in a cramp and really hurt. i would have to undo them physically. now, put on gloves, do work take off gloves , go to bed and enjoy a good night sleep.who knows, they might help both of you guys.

If I remember right you suffer from some type of neuropathy, if I’m wrong I’m sorry. That said, the vibration from the sander didn’t help out my arthritis any. I was able to do about 15 minute stints was all. My sander is old, and cheap, so I can’t speak to the tools ability to absorb vibrations. In my travels I am going to do some research, and see if any of the newer ones offer any kind of vibration reduction technology.
I have a pair of fingerless biking gloves that have quite a bit of padding on the palm area... wonder if something like that would help ease the vibration?

kev, i just tried the compression gloves. i wear two pairs and they really work for me. before i was using the gloves, after working on blades, my hands would curl up in a cramp and really hurt. i would have to undo them physically. now, put on gloves, do work take off gloves , go to bed and enjoy a good night sleep.who knows, they might help both of you guys.
Care to share a brand name? I’ve tried various gloves to no avail, but never the compression type or fingerless for that matter.
I have to admit, when I first saw this thread I thought it was gonna be another guy looking for the easy way out. However it has turned into a very informative thread, that I think will help lots of folks. Especially those with finger difficulty etc.

Care to share a brand name? I’ve tried various gloves to no avail, but never the compression type or fingerless for that matter.
I have to admit, when I first saw this thread I thought it was gonna be another guy looking for the easy way out. However it has turned into a very informative thread, that I think will help lots of folks. Especially

I have to admit, when I first saw this thread I thought it was gonna be another guy looking for the easy way out. However it has turned into a very informative thread, that I think will help lots of folks. Especially those with finger difficulty etc.
Kev , here is the link for both sets of gloves that I wear

I cut a thin metal plate in the shape of my oscillating tool then used industrial Velcro to stick it to the oscillating sander attachment. I use the small 3M feathering glue like I do on my disc sander. Works for me.

If you can find/apply a thin/hard rubber or urethane material, I think you'll find it works well. I did that prior to figuring out I liked grinding the hooks off the velcro.

I also think it's important to note that the oscillating sander works best with minimal pressure, and just more or less "guide" it around. I found that if I apply too much pressure, it doesn't sand as well, and it will eat up a battery on mine in short order (I have a Makita 18V).
So, once you guys enlightened me on how this works I've been shopping for oscillating Tools. Turns out they run in price from $16 to over $350. and it apears that the price difference has to do with Amps. A 3A tool cost about $70 and they increase about $30 per Amp from there. Where is the best place to be along this cost/benefit spectrum? I kind of like the Dremmel 5A machine for $130. Any advice on this topic is appreciated.

Back