Looking for something

Keith Willis

Ok let me first say. ..you all have been very good to me and have helped me out in so many ways..so when I ask this I am not looking for something for nothing..My hand is still healing but coming along great only now I am having trouble with a knee that I had worked on several years ago.i went last week and had fluid drained off and will have an MRI this week...Since not being in the shop in over 3 months I have been trying out scrimshaw...What I am looking for is some cow horn, cow bone. .really just something I can afford to purchase or maybe make a trade..If anyone has anything let me know
Thanks

God bless

Keith,
Sorry to hear you are having some more physical problems, Getting old is not for the faint hearted.:3:
I don't have any bone or horn, but I know our knife carver lady works on paper Micarta and other synthetics. You can start there while you pass the time jumping through the hoops with the insurance company.

Now that is an idea..I think she told me she only did carving.but some of that may work for scrimshaw as well...Thanks Laurence I may give that a try

God bless

Keith check out powder horns and more,if you have a Tandy store near by they usually have a box full you can rumage through.

Keith, check your local pet store. They are a good source for bones for dogs can chew on. They are usually cow bones that are pretty clean, and usually cheap. You could also look at a cabinet shop that does Corian counter tops, or some equivalent, and see if they have any scrap cut-offs they might give you. I have some smaller antlers that are smooth, if you can't find anything else, that I could send to you. Just let me know.

Thanks Jim I will check out the pet store and see...never thought of coraion...have to try it...thanks again Jim

God bless

Keith

I have a jarful of pig teeth. Yours for the taking. I have no use for them. 1 1/2 to 2 inches (tops). Mostly broken off and not pulled out (no roots). Just let me know.

DeMo

Back