Makers - what do you want to achieve in 2011?

I made my first folder already this January. A goal may be to finish one folder a month for 2011. Another goal is to do another show or two, and sell some knives this time. A third goal is to take orders only for knives I want to make.

I'm shooting for 2 folders this year, though that'll be dependent on my reaching 2 other goals: 1) Pass the !@#$% CPA exam so I can have more shop time, and 2) get a variable speed 2x72 grinder of the KMG/NWG type. I'll also try to make at least 1 fixed blade knife a month regardless of exams and grinders, more when those issues are taken care of.

I want to be able to turn out a good forged blade in a reasonable amount of time with a hammer and anvil. (Can't justify a power hammer.) I would like to master guards. (So far they have been the master.) I want to spend more time in my shop.

I want to get one good personal design and perfect it. Then make several batches of them and hopefully get good enough to not embarrass myself in this summer's KITH...

Guy's, I'm just looking forward to getting back to forging. I finally got fed up with not having the time and made some. We have a cadet coming down from West Point this Saturday, a few guy's from the City(NY) and hopefully Mace will come down as well. We're all going to be beating on the new W2.( ME 1st!!)

Sell a few so I can complete my NWG build. Grinding on the harbor fraight special is getting oil

Build my 2X72 and produce some good pieces in time for me to attend my first show as a maker (Boise nov 2011).
Chris

I want to go pro this year. For me I will need to make as much time for the shop as possible and take advantage of that time to focus on quality and detail rather than merely getting something done.

1.Wire my garage/shop so that I have an adequate electrical supply for the equipment I'm running now plus future purchases.
2. Complete more than a handful of knives. (That mostly boils down to more time in the shop)
3. Design and build my first folder.

want to get a workshop set up so I can make more than one a year, I want to get my blades good enough to sell enough to pay for my workshop, I want to get my name out, that's about it really

Back