Mammoth Ivory & Firestorm Damascus

Keith Willis

I know I haven't been around much lately,Sometimes life gets in the way of a lot of things,but hope I am still welcome here.You guy's are great and have been a big help to me on this knife making journey

This is my latest linerlock,and I am very pleased...there are a few flaws but I think it turned out nice
The Mammoth is from Randy at HHH,and so is the Firestorm Damascus..This stuff is A1 material.
Randy is a man of his word and a great man to deal with!!I just copied the specs,as I had them on blade forums
Let me know what u think?
Blade: 3 1/4" x .100 flatground,Firestorm pattern,with a Stainless thumb stud...Damascus is from Randy at HHH
Bolsters: 416 Stainless
Handle: Mammoth Ivory bark,from HHH
Spine: 1084
Liners: .07 Titanium
Stop pin: 1/8" Stainless
Pivot: 3/16" Stainless W/Bronze washers
Stainless detent ball
Screws: All screws are 2-56 stainless

OAL :7 11/16"
Closed: 4 7/16"

God bless,

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 73
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 50
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 49
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
Good looking knife Keith!
I can smell those gardenias from here,nice background for the photo.
I'm going to tell you a secret that you might want to try,now don't tell anyone because its a secret.:biggrin:
Try sharpening the cutting edge before you etch the Damascus,it makes a wicked cutting edge.

Thanks guys for all the compliments.

Thanks Calvin,never thought of that.Working on another now,if I don't forget,I will do just that.

God bless

Thanks to all you guys.
Hey Laurence I think I remember that as well...Good to be back,and hope to stay

God bless

Keith, that is a sweet knife. Your work just keeps getting better and better. Glad to see you back.
Do you find the .070 liners hard to work with? I've stayed with .050.

Thanks Jim...jim .07 is a little harder,esp for me, when it comes to tapping.I have wanted to ask others about what they thought as far as a comparision
I personally like the .07 for the larger knives,and .05 for the smaller knives,although ihave used .07 for both.I like that you get a few more threads with
the .07.I am needing more titanium right now,and am fixing to make some smaller folders,I will probably ask on the forum here and see what others think
before I order anything

God bless

Back