Mammoth Ivory Scales - Stabilized - MARKED DOWN - SOLD

Ray

Dealer - Purveyor
I am not a dealer/purveyor. I'm a retired knife maker clearing out materials.

This is a pair of stabilized Mammoth Ivory scales that I forgot I even owned. (I guess it's time I did retire.) I don't recall where/when I got them but they were marked with my initials which is the way the guy in Iowa that stabilized them keeps track.

They are 3 1/2 X 1 1/4 X 1/4 inch tall in the middle.

Asking $55 plus shipping ($8.30 in the U.S.) Payment by PayPal.

IMG_0104.jpg

Last edited:
will take if still available pay via Pay Pal ?
?
OK. You've got them. PayPal $63.30 to: raymond.coon@comcast.net

I came across some more sort-of miscellaneous stabilized ivory pieces. Smaller stuff for spacers and maybe smaller knives. Two sets of scales and a couple of other pieces. I've attached a photo. If you're interested just add another $20. A friend sent a piece of ivory from Alaska and these were the usable pieces that came from it. Two of those spacer pieces are musk ox horn. This should be the end of the handle materials that I had.

IMG_0115.jpg

Last edited:
Are you still interested?

Ray

Just a suggestion, if I may?

You might want to either give people a reasonable amount of time to respond/get back to you AND send payment....

OR

State up front that you are in a hurry for payment and payment must be made in 24 hours (or 6 hours or whatever) or less or else the sale is void.

Not everyone is online 24/7. And not everyone uses PayPal frequently and leaves money sitting in their PayPal account. It isnt at all uncommon for people to need to transfer money and that could take 24 hours or more. That is what happened in my case last week. I wasn't aware you needed to be paid in less than 24 hours.

Just saying......

Just a suggestion, if I may?

You might want to either give people a reasonable amount of time to respond/get back to you AND send payment....

OR

State up front that you are in a hurry for payment and payment must be made in 24 hours (or 6 hours or whatever) or less or else the sale is void.

Not everyone is online 24/7. And not everyone uses PayPal frequently and leaves money sitting in their PayPal account. It isnt at all uncommon for people to need to transfer money and that could take 24 hours or more. That is what happened in my case last week. I wasn't aware you needed to be paid in less than 24 hours.

Just saying......
A simple 'yes' or 'no' to my question was all I asked. I don't want to be turning down other potential buyers. I have recently had someone say they wanted to buy something only to decide they didn't want the item and then fail to tell me while others were inquireing. See "Nickel Bars and Sheets" ad.

I don't recall asking for immediate payment, only to know if you are still interested.

A simple 'yes' or 'no' to my question was all I asked. I don't want to be turning down other potential buyers. I have recently had someone say they wanted to buy something only to decide they didn't want the item and then fail to tell me while others were inquireing. See "Nickel Bars and Sheets" ad.

I don't recall asking for immediate payment, only to know if you are still interested.

But when someone fails to respond to you in less than 24 hours, you're changing thread titles and re-listing items for sale.

You did that in the other thread and you did it again here.

Either give someone reasonable time to respond or say you need a response or payment immediately and let the buyer decide.

I don't need to buy anything from anyone that is so impatient.

Are you still interested?

Ray

Back