Maple Burl/Micarta Drop Point Hunter

Frank Aguirre

Here is one I only need to clean up a bit. It is 5/32 A2 toolsteel, 8.75OAL , Blade is 4 1/8" long, And the burl is stabeilized. It has a slight dovetail and some vine filework. The pins are stainless corby's. I want to keep this one for Deer season, but thats what I said about the last one I made.

wipkep027.jpg

wipkep026.jpg

wipkep025.jpg

Thanks Cj, There are some other Texan boys I am trying to keep up with. They just don't quit gettin better, I don't want to be left behind.

That's a darn good lookin blade you got there. Congrats on a job well done.

Looks great Frank! I like the burl micarta combination, very classy. How do you like working with A2?

I really like A2. It performed well cutting up 2x4's and held an edge very well. It is easier to grind than the ats34 I used in my previous knives.

Thanks Cj, There are some other Texan boys I am trying to keep up with. They just don't quit gettin better, I don't want to be left behind.

Frank, I'm not sure if I'm one of those Texan boys, but I think the same thing every time you post something new. Oh, and cjwest is my wife. It was me that previously commented about raising the bar. I was using her computer and didn't notice the login wasn't mine.

Back