McMasters-carr Blade Steel

SPAknives

Just wondering if anyone has used any steel from McMasters-Carr before?? They seem to have a good selection such as 10XX series steel, 5160, A2, D2, 4140, and some others for excellent prices. Some of it comes in HUGE pieces. I have just never bought from them before and it seems like way good prices. Let me know what ya think & here is the link http://www.mcmaster.com/#tool-steel/=5g78tx

I bought 2 sticks 5160 1/4" x 3" x 6' and they ship fast.

I bought the HR stuff and has worked out just fine.

Other than that I have nothing else to offer:cool::D

Good luck bud,

Chris

My cousin works there and thats where I get my 0-1. super straight and smooth. Also comes with tempering specs which I appreciate

I've ordered from them a couple of times, and gotten excellent service with fast and inexpensive shipping. I have a bar of 5160 from them that I've made a few knives from which has worked fine for me, although I've had some trouble drilling it. It's the only bar of 5160 I've ever worked with, so perhaps this is a problem with all steels of this type and not just theirs.

I think thats the problem with most HR stuff. You get hot spots that are a pain on drills. I find sometimes if I drill through the hard spot with a smaller drill and lots of oil it works out. But can be frustrating at times.cool 1

I've ordered from them a couple of times, and gotten excellent service with fast and inexpensive shipping. I have a bar of 5160 from them that I've made a few knives from which has worked fine for me, although I've had some trouble drilling it. It's the only bar of 5160 I've ever worked with, so perhaps this is a problem with all steels of this type and not just theirs.

Back