Might need a break

opaul

You ever had one of these days?
I replaced the blade on the dewalt metal band saw yesterday. Got my steel bar out starting cutting - but it wouldn’t cut! I thought to myself - why is this bar hard steel? Silly me - i had installed the blade with the teeth on the backside.
Then I’m sitting on my stool sanding my blade with a five gallon bucket under the vise to catch the debris. I needed something off the bench so I stepped to the right and when I put my left foot down it went into the 5 gallon bucket. Luckily caught myself.
Then I’m using a 150 grit belt on the grinder and positioning the blade my thumbnail got trimmed down into the ‘quick’. Luckily it wasn’t a 60 grit.
Anyway I’m just going to tidy up the shop and take a day off.

Agreed. Time to hit the sketchbook. If you get a paper cut doing that, it's time to come to a full stop on anything & everything knife related and pull out the bourbon. If that's before noon, that's ok. Safety first! :cool:

Great idea to quit for the day. I sometimes find I just can't do anything right...I just stop and go in the house and relax with a drink and some good music!

Great idea to quit for the day. I sometimes find I just can't do anything right...I just stop and go in the house and relax with a drink and some good music!
Yep. I didn’t do anything today except clean up a little.
On another note - it’s amazing how I find myself getting caught up in blade types. I really like the Bowie’s then the Scottish dirks and Daggers. Now I’m really getting into Randall knife history. Read quite a bit today on Bo Randall.

Yep. I didn’t do anything today except clean up a little.
On another note - it’s amazing how I find myself getting caught up in blade types. I really like the Bowie’s then the Scottish dirks and Daggers. Now I’m really getting into Randall knife history. Read quite a bit today on Bo Randall.

I'm the same way. I'm really getting into Bowie knives right now. Before that it was Bob Loveless. I love his Drop Point Hunters. The thing is I rarely sell a hunting knife. Most of my sales are kitchen knives. I did sell a gut hook skinner and a boning knife recently and I have an order in for a Small Buck type skinner right now.

That happens to me with clients and what they want. 98% want drop point hunters and no matter what, I can't seem to change that. Speaking of which, time to grind 8 more.

Back