Molle compatibility.

scarou

Hi Guys !
I am a beginner in sheath making. I'm trying to make my sheath compatible Molle but I haven't any equipment "Molle" so I can't mesure It. Does anyone know the steps to follow to make the system Molle compatible ?
My actual configuration is 2 leather straps 20 mm wide and 100 mm between each.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Scarou

IIRC, the PALS webbing used in MOLLE compatible systems is typically made using 1" wide webbing that's stitched every
1 and 1/4 to 1 and 1/2 inches to create the "loops, and these "rows" of webbing are in turn spaced an inch or so apart (vertically) as well.

Hope that makes sense.

Thank you very much for this specific answer ARCustomKnives !

That's exactly the informations I needed ! I can now adjust the leather straps to finish my sheath.

Fallkniven F1 bushcraft sheath

Hi guys !

Just to show you the result of your contribution (about MOLLE compatibility). :biggrin:

Fallkniven F1 bushcraft sheath :
- Black color / white stitching
- Firesteel loop
- MOLLE COMPATIBILITY :biggrin:
- right-handed : stomach horizontal carry / dangler
- left-handed : back horizontal carry

... brothers are following...:3:

That is a sweet sheath Scarou! I'm making a larger camp knife and wanted to do something similar. Great job.

Pat

Thanks a lot pat ! I do my best as possible to make sheath I would like to use. The gap between hope and reality is closer each time I make a sheath... but it seems to be a long way...

here is the next one with some mistakes about webbing :
- not tight enough
- need another snaps on each.
In fact, the design of it would be different at the beginning, but I made a mistake when I cut the leather...:12:

since this one, I have made 2 other with similar shape. I will post pictures of them next time.:3:

Hi guys !

Here is another one I have made on special demand.
Black with black stitching
I had to redo stitching several time because I wasn't satisfied with the appearance, the thread was too thin so I had to make a double stitching on the same path. Next time I will use nylon thread which is less thinner

Some mistakes with this one too (Need 2 snaps on each webbing and webbing are not tight enough) but now I know this, so I have asked to the guy to send it back to make needed corrections.

This is the last one I have made.

Webbing are completely removable which facilitates maintenances and allow upgrade of the sheath.

I'm working on a new one and focus on upgrade possibilities : with/without firesteel loop/falshlight loop/ DC3 sharpening stone or combinations of them. But for the time ... I need to sleep...:24:

Back