More of Randys BEAUTIFUL work

kidterico

Just got these from Randy today for my wife's collection. Its getting to be a DANDY. Randy your the BEST. We cant thank you enough.. Pat and Terry alias KT :35:

Attachments

• 11-13bag1.jpg
    11-13bag1.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 11-13bag2.jpg
    11-13bag2.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 11-13bag3.jpg
    11-13bag3.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 11-13drop1.jpg
    11-13drop1.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 11-13drop3.jpg
    11-13drop3.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 26
I love the pouches.......I use one every now and then in one of my still life paintings.......

Attachments

• 101_1663.jpg
    101_1663.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Really nice beadwork .. Do you do any repairs . I have a few beaded American indian belts from around 1904 made from micro beads . They unraveled a little .
When I say belt , I mean sash about 4 ft long 3/4" wide ... Send me PM if you are interested . You do nice work .... Bubba

Randy here are the beadwork I need repaired . I think it was made by Harrison Begay , If you dont know who he is ! I dont think he is still living , he was 75 when I picked these up in the early 90's He could be older than I think ??

A well known american Indian artisan , potter, jeweler . ETC: neck piece was made in 1903 ....... Bubba

Attachments

• beadwork  Harrison Begay 003.jpg
    beadwork Harrison Begay 003.jpg
    155 KB · Views: 6
  • beadwork  Harrison Begay 004.jpg
    beadwork Harrison Begay 004.jpg
    157.4 KB · Views: 5
  • beadwork  Harrison Begay 005.jpg
    beadwork Harrison Begay 005.jpg
    154.3 KB · Views: 5
  • beadwork  Harrison Begay 007.jpg
    beadwork Harrison Begay 007.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 6
  • beadwork  Harrison Begay 009.jpg
    beadwork Harrison Begay 009.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 7
  • beadwork  Harrison Begay 010.jpg
    beadwork Harrison Begay 010.jpg
    154 KB · Views: 7
  • beadwork  Harrison Begay 011.jpg
    beadwork Harrison Begay 011.jpg
    152.3 KB · Views: 6
  • beadwork  Harrison Begay 012.jpg
    beadwork Harrison Begay 012.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 6
  • beadwork  Harrison Begay 015.jpg
    beadwork Harrison Begay 015.jpg
    152.2 KB · Views: 6
  • beadwork  Harrison Begay 013.jpg
    beadwork Harrison Begay 013.jpg
    156.4 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Nice Stuff!!! I got your mail and returned it...And yes he died in 2012...
I didn't know he done any beading, he was well known for his paintings/pottery and they fetch thousands of dollars when available..
My problem with working on relics is if there can be reductions in value because of repairs...
I've seen artifacts destroyed because good minded people "cleaned" them...
So IF they were made by Mr. Begay they could be museum quality as is....

I have noticed that his works suddenly got much higher , Not the silkscreens but the watercolors and oil paintings.Thats how I knew something must be up ? When he passed his stuff shot up , so I googled him up and he had died. The little pony painting by
Harrison is in a tin punched pattern jewelry box all soldered up nice and tight .Have looked all over internet and have seen no jewelry boxes by him ? Thanks for the info , I appreciate it . Regards ........ Bubba

Bubba I'd have to agree with Randy about fixing those items due to possible loss of value - on the other hand you could get some one like Angela Swedberg to repair them than the value should stay or increase - Angela is an accredited repair person and is used by many museums as well as private parties - not to take anything away from Randy's fine work but in cases like this it's all in who has the NAME and Angela does...

I have found that in almost every circumstance that I have checked on having something restored such as original oil paintings, the frames , restoring old revolvers, Long guns etc by reputable artists not to repair them. Almost always they will drop quite a lot in value. I am talking only from a value stand point. Not the look of the item. When buying a original it does not mean repaired. When the insurance agent comes to appraise the item one of the first thinks he does is check to see if it has been repaired and takes picture to show it has not. We have some very expensive items in our collection including a original Faberge Egg which is our most prized . KT

Last edited:
Most antiques will lose some of their value after being restored . There are some exceptions . It really depends on how bad of condition the Item is in . Painting value can be increased with cleaning , it really depends on if the item has some greater historical associaton and, what kind of Value it actually has in that particular area. Restorations are a tricky field , Has a lot to do on how well it is done.
Guns are another story , once you lose the original patina / finish it hurts value . Japanese swords are an exception . They are one of the better antiques that actually gain value after restoration . repairing 2 strands of beads with the original beads would not adversly affect the Value . If you had to replace some major pieces , I believe would hurt the value . ........ Bubba

Back