Moutning C-face motor to table......

Chris Martin

Ok, total newb questions here.

Would I be a total idiot if I mounted a C-Face motor to my bench with something like this:
http://www.united-states-flag.com/ststmost12.html

I will use bolts to go through the strap instead of the tie down as shown.

Only reason I am asking is...I just scored a Coote but need a motor.

I have a guy willing to trade his 1HP Baldor C-Face motor but came off his old square wheel so it does not have an option to mount directly to my bench. I see there are mounts I can buy for $40 bucks or so. But this is just a temp solution to get me grinding until I get the 2HP Baldor I have been drooling over.

Hope I dont look like an idiot here, but hope it would work for a temp mount???unsureworking 1

Thanks for any info/tips or other solutions2thumbs

Chris

i know I wouldn't trust it.

Me either, too much torque rotation for those straps to make me comfortable. :(

Chris,

Do you have some 2" angle iron, and a 10" X 10" piece of flat plate, and a welder? If so, I can send you a picture of a bracket I made for a C face motor mount. ;)

Mike

Mike,

Thanks for your input!

Lets just say I am very limited in my fabrication prowess....lol I dont have anything that could help me rig a mount together IE welder etc. Best I saw was $40 for a little old C-Face mount. But, since this will be a very short lived motor I was trying to go cheap. But I understand cheap doesnt always=success or safety.

Chris

Me either, too much torque rotation for those straps to make me comfortable. :(

Chris,

Do you have some 2" angle iron, and a 10" X 10" piece of flat plate, and a welder? If so, I can send you a picture of a bracket I made for a C face motor mount. ;)

Mike

LOL.....I hear ya bud. Thats why I ask the pro's even if I look like an idiot in the process:D

Thanks again Mike2thumbs

Chris

When you're done working and you still have ten fingers & toes and no trips to the ER that is a great day. IMHO safety = success. :D

Mike

Just a thought,

You could get a verticle disk grinder mount from beaumont metal works and bolt it to the bench supports. $72

The benefit here would be after getting a new motor you could add a disk and also have a verticle disk grinder !

Win Win if you can swing the 72 plus shipping

Josh

Christopher ! Just get the @#%$^&% mount and move on !
You'll use the mount and motor later for your disc grinder you're going to want to mickey mouse together. :rolleyes:

Jeff, I gave him a Surplus Center link earlier.

G*$&#^m kids. :mad:

Rudy

Josh beat to it.

Last edited:
Josh,

Thats a great idea since I will end up needing a disc grinder down the road.

BUT, I am on a tight budget.....I am pushing it with the cheapo $40 mount. I still need to buy belts, more lumber to build a bench, a torch for the forge etc etc. And thats not even getting started....LOL......Knife Making.....Great times....but never cheap:D:D

I will keep this in mind though just in case a miracle happens!

Just a thought,

You could get a verticle disk grinder mount from beaumont metal works and bolt it to the bench supports. $72

The benefit here would be after getting a new motor you could add a disk and also have a verticle disk grinder !

Win Win if you can swing the 72 plus shipping

Josh

There he is.....lol

I am working on it old man. Yes, I already posted the link to the mount you recommended. That is what I will go with, IF....I even go with this motor. Good thing is, if I do go with the 1HP I will only be into it $40...good deal for a poor Okie....lol

Thanks again guys!

Christopher out...

Christopher ! Just get the @#%$^&% mount and move on !
You'll use the mount and motor later for your disc grinder you're going to want to mickey mouse together. :rolleyes:

Jeff, I gave him a Surplus Center link earlier.

G*$&#^m kids. :mad:

Rudy

Back