My first folder

John Barker

SUPERModerator & KNIFE MAKER
Here's my first folder. Just finished her up. It is a liner lock with 0.100" Ti liners with a bead blast finish. The blade is CPM 154 with a hand satin finish. The blade is 3/16" thick and has a 4" cutting edge. I used phosphor bronze washers. The scales are black bead blasted G-10. The pocket clip is Ti. The action is pretty smooth and the lock up and detent are great. The blade centers perfectly. I'm very pleased with it. I wanted to thank all those who followed my WIP and all the other makers who helped me along the way, Les George, Brian Fellhoelter, Tom Anderson, Buddy Gaines, Scott Jones, Todd Fischer, Pete Carey, Tom Watson. I hope I didn't leave anyone out. Thanks.

-John

DSC08032.jpg

DSC08019.jpg

DSC08048.jpg

DSC08052.jpg

DSC08037.jpg

DSC08025.jpg

DSC08041.jpg

DSC08044.jpg

DSC08030.jpg

Looks great John! Never be able to tell it was a first. It looks very clean and professional, like you've been making them all along.

Nice job.

Great folder John.

Wondering if a 3.75" Hokido (sp) Ti Framelock Flipper is in the works.

If not it should be ;)

Josh

Terrific folder from a very interesting/educational WIP. Love the blade and that clip turned out great - it looks very classy.

It looks like you took my advice and did the opposite of whatever Les told you to do 8)

Yep, that ticks the boxes! :D

What have you used for the pivot pin? Looks a bit different to what I've seen before. :)

John, Looks great, It seems that lately "here's my first folder" keep looking better and better. Dan

Great looking folder John. I wouldn't have expected anything less from you. Awesome work as always!

Davin

Back