My first knife

franklin

Man i see nothing wrong with that,cant hold it so cant say if handle design is comfotable. Looks awsome you better buy Marvin a beer i think hes giving you all his secrets.

Finger grinding is the new wave in Holywood you must whatch "Finger Short 2 (the new belt)" :3:The knife is great and you must consider youself fortunate to have a mentor not all of us had the same chance

Man, I wish my first knife looked like that! It sure looks like a keeper from where I'm standing!

BTW, I use to go thru Poteau quite a bit on my way to Wister. That was about 20 years ago, I'm sure it's changed a lot since then! Nice to see fellow Okies on here! Keep up the good work!!!

Looking good. Scrapes, burns, and cuts are just part of knife making. It's almost like bleeding on your blades is part of the process of making a knife. That's why I consider band-aids and first aid cream to be consumables along with belts and epoxy.

Doug

Thanks fort the positive feedback guys. I've had pretty much no feedback from other makers and the only person I've had to compare my work with is Marvin.....you can imagine how well that went for me lol. Your absolutely right Keith. Marvin is an excellent mentor.

What are the stats on this fine looking knife? Blade length steel type ect. The handle looks like dyed burl of some kind. I am on the lookout for a green dyed piece just like that one for an order. All the green ones I find are much lighter green.

Overall length of the knife is approx 5 in (made for my wife's small hands). The steel is 154CM, and the handle material is dyed box elder burl. I believe the scales came from SDC stabilized wood via ebay.

I'm just learning as well ,I have looked at a lot of knife's and watched people try to make a knife on you tube and it seam you have what it takes .The knife look very nice to me ,you should be proud that you did such a nice job for the first time.
Walt

If you want criticism maybe you should start making knives with visible flaws. I can't see anything wrong with it, only thing I have to say is good job.

Hi there...the blade looks great! I've ground myself so many times my slogan use to be "I put a little of myself into all my blades..." My wife now just rolls her eyes at me.

- Chuck

Looks great tell your mentor how much you really appreciate him and his wife because it looks like he taught you well, and if his wife is putting up with your rants................well let's just say mine just ducks her head and goes back into the house. I don't do it much anymore but I have been known to throw a hammer all the way to the street, about a 120', of course part of that was a bounce and a slide. What the heck it was the third time that day I had smashed a finger! And if you ain't ground off some skin you ain't doing anything. OH by the way watch of for them porta bandsaws they hurt worse than a sander:what!::biggrin:

Back