My First year making knives 2013

killingerBlades

ok im going to do a thread where i can update as i go kinda thing. this is my first year as a part time knife maker and it has really taken off!!!! i finished my first knife on 01/01/2013 and have been busy ever since so......... ill just post up pics as i take them! thanks for looking!!!

Ah, you have been keeping yourself busy, haven't you. Nice shape on the blades. Can't say that I'm overly fond of cord wrapped handles but the solid handles show some promise, especially the international orange one. Care to fill us in on the steel and grind that you're using. How do they perform?

Doug

Looking good Mr. Killinger..

I finished my first knife in January also. What a great adventure. Keep up the great work!

Ah, you have been keeping yourself busy, haven't you. Nice shape on the blades. Can't say that I'm overly fond of cord wrapped handles but the solid handles show some promise, especially the international orange one. Care to fill us in on the steel and grind that you're using. How do they perform?

Doug

cord wrap in a nessary evil in order to keep the cost down, otherwise i wold never be able to share my work lol

most of what you see is 1095 and 52100. all perform awesome! so far all my blades but one are a scandi grind.

dont have my pics on this computer but here is a video i did on it.

[video=youtube;wfK2UiQTXlc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfK2UiQTXlc[/video]

Back