My Latest With Rosewood Scales

backtines

Hey Guys, Just finished this one up last night.
Overall length is 8.5"
Tip to bolster is 3.5"
Steel is 1095 3/16"
Rosewood Scales
Brass Bolsters
Mosaic Pins
Walnut Spacer between scales and bolster
Red Liner .030 against bolster and walnut
Brass Liner .030 against rosewood and walnut
My Sheath is made with 8/9 oz material, stained with Java Brown and antique finished.

Thanks for looking and critique is welcome!

Thanks, Mike.

Last edited:
That is a gorgeous knife; the fit and finish are amazing!! The owner of that will be a lucky person.

My CO likes to tell us that getting from 75-99% is easier than getting from 99 to 100. In knifemaking I've not made it to 75, and you are clearly in the 99+ category, so I would value greatly your answer to the following: what would you do differently if anything?

That is a gorgeous knife; the fit and finish are amazing!! The owner of that will be a lucky person.

My CO likes to tell us that getting from 75-99% is easier than getting from 99 to 100. In knifemaking I've not made it to 75, and you are clearly in the 99+ category, so I would value greatly your answer to the following: what would you do differently if anything?

First off thanks to all for all the great comments . Its really awesome to hear such great things from such great knife makers ..

Rob , to answer your question .. What I would do differently if anything would be to make the first finger cutout a smaller diameter and tighter up against the bolster . I think it would look cooler and feel a little bit better in the hand if that cutout was smaller and tapered. Other than that , I was pretty happy with the way it came out .. I think it would have made the bolster look better too. ( Not so blocky )

Thank you again for the nice comments

Mike,
Great sweeping, clean lines. Love the classic styling.
Your work is really clean and a pleasure to look at.

Thanks for sharing,
Steve

Thank you all soo much for the kind words!! Its really awesome getting such great reviews from you great makers !! Thank you !

Back