My latest

That looks awesome!
Do y’all know of any good suppliers for elk antler? I haven’t done many hidden tang blades but would like to in elk. Maybe even scales for a full tang if the piece was big enough to rip down.

That looks awesome!
Do y’all know of any good suppliers for elk antler? I haven’t done many hidden tang blades but would like to in elk. Maybe even scales for a full tang if the piece was big enough to rip down.
I have some large pieces of elk antler. If you want some tryout material. Pm me your address, pay the postage, and, voila.. Yours to learn all u need about elk antler!

That looks awesome!
I get all mine locally from a guy that makes antler souvenirs. With Elk I try my best to get brow tunes, or G2’s. They seem to have the least pith. If I get a piece with a lot of pith I’ll stabilize it. If there isn’t much I coat the open ends with extra thin super glue.
To do full tang knives you can use the larger sections. I slice mine on my porta-band. I always coat the open pith with super glue, at least 3 coats. Honestly I’ve never done any “testing” to see if it works, but it makes me feel better.

That looks awesome!
Like De-Mo said, “There are no secrets in knifemaking”. Look up Old School Knife works in Otto North Carolina. Awesome selection, Really awesome staff and good prices. They sell on line but I was there a few months ago and they have tons of antler. They even still have real stag (not for too long I bet).

Like De-Mo said, “There are no secrets in knifemaking”. Look up Old School Knife works in Otto North Carolina. Awesome selection, Really awesome staff and good prices. They sell on line but I was there a few months ago and they have tons of antler. They even still have real stag (not for too long I bet).
Thanks Chris. I’ll check them out.

Back