My Makers Mark

I wouldn't call it an assembly line but I do have multiple blades at varying degrees of progress. When I first starting making knives I made a blank and carried that one through to the end. But it seems, to me, that I can cut out multiple blades on my band saw and then progress one to a stage where I can begin on the next one. Soon they are all ready to have scales attached and finished. Then while the expoxy is curing I'm back at the band saw :)
Here are two that are ready for quenching.

So what did you end up using for Makers Mark? Last I knew you were deciding which one to go with out of 3 or 4 designs?

My makers mark is on the blades above. A small circle with my initials.

I like it!! My Brother seems to think I need one? I don't think I'm making enough to worry about it yet! Although I'm getting people asking me to build knives for them. What system are you using to mark blades with??

If I can't find you from your "maker's mark", it may be good for your ego, but it doesn't do us (the public) or your sales any good.

I like it!! My Brother seems to think I need one? I don't think I'm making enough to worry about it yet! Although I'm getting people asking me to build knives for them. What system are you using to mark blades with??
Even if you only make one a year, it should have your name on it. Look up White Bone Knives on YouTube. He shows a cheap effective way to get your name on a knife.

Back