My new homebrew 2 wheeler grinder

Rustyboy

Well i finally got(made) a grinder that's worth a crap. I had originally started making a three wheel KMG clone-y thing but the tracking just sucked. So i scraped that and finally after allota probing from James we came up with this.

UuKgMQ1.jpg

I have to give a big thank you to James helm for this grinder. Had it not been for his shop and overall patience with my stubbornness i probably wouldn't have this so James to you :cheerful: Alright enough of that sentimental shite.

XjwqmKl.jpg

6oazOI7.jpg

Thought it was a pretty cool idea to have a moveable platen, Granted this design does not lend itself to be tilted, but with some minor tweaking it could be done. However for my purposes i don't foresee any problem. I just need to put a ceramic platen on and we're good to go.

RBoZkG3.jpg

And last but not least a big thank you for such a simple tracking idea Mr. Joe Calton. It's the best tracking means I've seen on a two wheel setup, and its great Because it's so elegant in its simplicity..

good for you! I am always impressed when someone makes their own, unique, grinder. I am too afraid that I wouldn't get anything useful after a ton of work, so I don't try.

Points go to James Helm for helping you and moral support!

kc

I started with a Coote two wheel and you can make plenty of great knives with a setup like yours.
Congrats on the new machine.

Back