My second Slipjoint

Awesome somebody is gonna be ecstatic Christmas morning!!! That is a great look 2nd one or not!! I wouldn't have been able to tell if you hadn't said anything!!

Thanks Guys! John, I really have no idea how many hours I have in it. I would guess probably 12-15. That does include starting over at one point on the liners as the set I originally made I scrapped because I had messed up one side when I relieved the liners.

Is that jeweled inside of liners? I like the looks - I'll have to remember that for my next slipjoint.

KenH- it is indeed jeweling. It was a good thought I think but it is very hard to see it once it's all put together. I just think it's kinda cool when people put in the work on the tiny details that may never be noticed. That being said I'm not sure I would do it again. Lol!

Great result. Hope mine comes out half as good as that. What did you use to make your pins from?

Pivot pin was 1/8" 416 stainless and the spring pins were 3/32" of the same material. Good luck on your slippie. Let me know if I can be of any help!

Oze, the pins are used as is. They are not hardened. To my knowledge 416 pin stock can be hardened to some degree but does not come that way from most knife supply companies. Maybe someone else can comment on this?

Back