Need a few precision holes drilled

Daniel Macina

I need a few holes drilled for two idler block mounts and an idler block for a grinder. Somone with a drill press capable of Percision or a mill is needed. I will send you measurements and everything if interested. Will send the metal and pay for labor and shipping. I would do it but my drill press isn’t capable of any kind of Percision. Total of 8 holes. Shouldn’t take long.

Daniel, I saw your post yesterday but didn't respond because the term "precision" in relation to my machine work scares me. Drew is by far the better than I am at "precision" work. With the request for a CAD dwg, you looking at converting to gcode and using CNC to drill?

Daniel, I saw your post yesterday but didn't respond because the term "precision" in relation to my machine work scares me. Drew is by far the better than I am at "precision" work. With the request for a CAD dwg, you looking at converting to gcode and using CNC to drill?

I’m sure you would do great! I’ll see if I can’t draw y’all a picture to illustrate what I mean.

Ok for the idler block mounts. I would send 2 pieces of steel measuring 1/2” thick, 3/4” wide, 2”long. Each piece needs the same holes drilled On the side I need Two 1/4th through holes drilled. 1/4” from the top and 1/4” from the side. Same thing on the bottom.

On the flat side I need a 1/4” hole drilled 9/10” from the side and 1/4” from the bottom.

I don’t know if this helps but I will include a drawing.C20CA685-5548-4009-9A7D-3BAA02946078.jpeg

On the idler block I will send you a piece of steel measuring 1/2” thick, 1 1/2” wide, 2”long. On The side I need a 1/4 inch hole drilled 1/4” from the top and 1/4” from the side. On the flat side I need a 27/64 hole drilled 3/4” from the bottom and 3/4th from the side.

FF91991C-C725-442A-982A-1170B0A16ACE.jpeg

This for the tracking system on a grinder? Sorta of a clone of the original KMG grinder?

There ya' go - Drew just posted while I was typing this. He'll do a GREAT job.

This for the tracking system on a grinder? Sorta of a clone of the original KMG grinder?

There ya' go - Drew just posted while I was typing this. He'll do a GREAT job.

Yessir this is for a gib. I was just going to order the mounts from Jamie but he’s been in possible to get a hold of been trying for over a month with no luck.

I sure do appreciate it Mr. Riley! I don’t have the steel yet so it will be a couple days before I can get it sent out. If you have PayPal just send me a invoice for the amount you want and I will pay it right away otherwise I will get some cash together and send with the steel.

Back