Need a new forge

Gliden07

Been thinking about buy a forge. The ones I built are all being problematic. If you were gonna buy a pre-made forge what would it be with a Budget around $700?

Been thinking about buy a forge. The ones I built are all being problematic. If you were gonna buy a pre-made forge what would it be with a Budget around $700?
https://www.consumerreports.org/gas-grills/best-grills-for-400-to-700-dollars-a2862620748/

I forge with coal (with propane assist, really convenient for lighting the coal) so I don't really have any useful input. What kinda problems are you having with your current forge?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Personally, I think the Mathewson Metals that Boss carries look like a great value for forging and heat treating in a forge. If you want to do a lot of welding, the NC Tool forged work great. The NC won't be as even heating as a round body, but you can fit a muffle in it. I have an NC Whisper Low Boy, but it I was buying again, I'd get the 2 burner Knifemaker model.

A properly built Propane forge will out perform almost a pre-built forges.

Check out the Build a Gas Forge and the Ribbon Burner attachments on the Forge Supplies page at

www.WayneCoeArtistBlacksmith.com.

Let me know if I can help you.

About $100.00 plus the hose, regulator and burner using a 20# Propane tank.

Chile Forge Tabasco is in the $800 range. I would recommend their stuff. I have an earlier Habanero model.

Back