Need help on first antler knife.

Eaton30

I trying to do the first one and I drilled the hole down the antler but how do I make a guard to cover the hole up. I can't seem to find one small enough to buy. What do you guys do. This is a 2 11/16 inch blade. Gonna be my squirrel Skinner.

uploadfromtaptalk1398824000735.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398824029519.jpg

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I actually just finish my first antler knife I took a chunk of brass and made my own guard. Drilled holes in the center filed it out so the tang would fit I made it really tight on the shoulders so I didn't have to put a pin in. I slide the antler on how I wanted the knife to sit removed most of the excess material with the grinder. Then I epoxied it in and used files and sand paper it finish the perfect fit. Hope that helps and isn't to confusing. It's looking good so far can't wait to see it finished

I would make a small guard or cap out of brass or NS plate of around 1/16" thickness and solder w.a small butane torch.

I didn't know you could solder a guard. Just found that out. Was worried I wouldn't be able to cover the hole up. Where is a place I can buy some.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Any of the knife making suppliers will usually have brass or NS plate, or 'on line metals' or 'speedy' metals are good on-line metal suppliers.

Back