Need some skulls cut into Buffalo Horn

Chris Martin

I can't carve it into buffalo horn but I can put that image on leather and inlay it into a sheath.Dave:)

pm me if interested

Hey Dave,

Now that would be awesome! As of right now, he is not sure about a sheath. This will be going in his motorcycle showroom. I will get in contact with him to see if he wants leather and we can take off from there.

Thanks for replying, Dave. I think either way I might send you some leather to do this2thumbs

Chris

I can't carve it into buffalo horn but I can put that image on leather and inlay it into a sheath.Dave:)

pm me if interested

Laser would definitely be a good way to go - horns are tricky to carve due to the grain (they're actually made up of fibers - sort of compressed / fused hair).

I need to see about cutting it a bit deeper - looks good, but it's too light compared to the scrolls.

But you need to make the knife! Or at least a bolster for me to engrave.
sharpen1

Attachments

• 69ElCaminoKSO.jpg
    69ElCaminoKSO.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 18
I am working on it buddy. Like I said, once I get caught up a little....Its on!!!! Lookin good, Steve.

I need to see about cutting it a bit deeper - looks good, but it's too light compared to the scrolls.

But you need to make the knife! Or at least a bolster for me to engrave.
sharpen1

Try Midwest Trophy in OKC. There is a guy that scrimshaws out of Tuttle, OK too Steve something. He has done work for several museums.

Jeff,

Just took a look at there site and wow! I think I might have to get in touch with them. As for now....Keith on the forum has me covered on the skull in the horn2thumbs

Thanks for the lead buddy.

Chris

Try Midwest Trophy in OKC. There is a guy that scrimshaws out of Tuttle, OK too Steve something. He has done work for several museums.

Back