New Bowie out of my shop

Wayne Bensinger

Hey everybody, how are we doing today, well I hope. Finally had some time to finish this knife I've been thinking about for a while now, since around Christmas actually. Along with all of the hunter/skinners I've built for people since then, my wife had me building a new tile shower with dual shower heads and a lot of details that took some time, it was worth it though, if you know what I'm saying. Anyway, I finally got to finish up this Bowie that's been on my mind for a long time. I sanded it to 1500 then a short time on the buffer. It's a heavy piece, here's some details:

52100 steel-59 RC
13-3/4" long total
8-7/8" blade
304 stainless guard and pommel
African blackwood handle
.250 copper spacer on 45 degree through handle
filework on spine, guard, and pommel
8-1/4" radius hollow grind

IMG_4711.jpgIMG_4715.jpgIMG_4713.jpgIMG_4721.jpgIMG_4714.jpgIMG_4716.jpg

Hope you like it, thanks for looking.

Wayne

Wayne, pretty impressive knife. I like the file work on the blade, guard and pommel. Looks like you put your time in this bowie

Thanks guys, it did take some time to complete, I was moving slowly so I wouldn't mess it up, lol. Working on my first attempt at a leather sheath now, hope it turns out as well, thanks.

Wayne

Lovely looking knife, Wayne. I'd love to see the sheath too if your wife doesn't have too many more jobs for you :biggrin:

Back