New damascus pattern

deker

So, a while ago I was visiting Butch Harner and saw this piece of redwood he had laying on the bench:

DSC01008sm.jpg

It got me thinking...Last night I finished this:

DSC_0563_NEF.jpg

The picture sucks, the lighting is bad and it's blurry, but until I get some natural light it's the best I have. More pictures will be forthcoming for sure. I'm pleased with it as a first effort down this road, but I want to tweak it a bit...I'd like a bit more of an "organic" feel to it...

What do you guys think?

-d

Looks dang good to me even if the lighting was bad. Look forward to seeing better pics.

Looks pretty cool, especially the bottom left corner. I think if you add more of whatever you used to make the voids it'll be even better. 2thumbs

I like it!!

I get ideas from things I see, but it can be hard to translate it into a pattern of steel

I think you nailed it.

I like it!!

I get ideas from things I see, but it can be hard to translate it into a pattern of steel

I think you nailed it.

Thanks! That means a lot coming from such a fine steel smasher as yourself Mr. Metsala! I still think I can do a little better in my mimicry of the wood...this one is going to get worked on for a while...

-d

I love it.

This will sound silly but to me it looks kind of ghosty or spooky. It may just be the blured pic.

Seth

Back