New england blizzard pictures

Cathy,
You are a braver soul than I! LOL.
I and my wife Ceci and Scruffy will stay here in Southern Cal by the Ocean and endure a nice earthquake or riot every 20 years or so. LOL.

Laurence

www.rhinoknives.com

We got about 38 inches. Our street isn't plowed and the MAIL DIDN'T COME TODAY! What happened to their Motto? How did it go, Neither sleet, nor snow, nor rain, BLAH, BLAH BLAH! Ha Ha Ha.

WOW, Cathy! I got maybe 8" of snow down here in NJ but with 10 lb and 19 lb dogs... that's enough to ruin their day! 38" of snow would have me hibernating for the rest of winter.

We are still in the tail end of this Nor'Easter and they say we have had 2' at noon yesterday. I have bear spots on my driveway and drifts almost 6' high. I'm thinking you guys living in the Southern States might be on to something.

Wow! I am liking my 80* weather right now. But when summer time hits, I will be dreaming of your pictures...

I wouldn't even know what to do in something like that.

Right around 30" total here near the MA/RI border. We had lots of wind and drifting...as usual it wound up on my car and against the front and back door. I panicked for a second with thoughts of spending the whole day listening to the queen, so I made a break for it out the front door, the rear door was piled up chest high.

snow2013012_zpsdf190588.jpg

Rudy

Here it's Monday. We've been snowed in, literally, since Fri. The main streets are plowed, the highways are plowed, but not the side streets. Since when do they wait for it to stop snowing, before they plow?
We have 38 inches of this crap.

Some dummies on the next street over dug their cars out and then tried to drive over/thru 3 feet of snow and got stuck in the middle of the street. Not just one car, mind you. You'd think after the first car got stuck, they'd get the hint!

Now our town's web-site says they working around the clock to plow us out and that school & garbage pick up is canceled til' Wed. That means we'll stuck till Wed. In the house, going stir crazy....

Anyone got a Flame Thrower?

Oh Yeah, now it's raining. Wonder if the mail's coming?

I grew up in MA, in the New Bedford/Fairhaven area (the old whaling ports). I left in 1959 when I enlisted in the US Marine Corps and when I retired from the US Army in 1979 we settled in Alabama where my wife is from. We spent eight years in Germany in the snow, stationed in the snow in Kansas, Maryland, and a couple of other places and I don't care if I ever see the evil white stuff again. My sister lives in Mattapoisett, MA and was talking bad about Mother Nature after the blizzard you just had up in that area. I'm happy when it's about 80 degrees.

Back