New England Hammer In

JeremyBartlett

Anyone in here going to the hammer in this coming weekend July 14-16? I'll be there and this will be my first one. Looking forward to a good informational time!

It does but have to keep job until I become knife maker extrodinar and can quit!! LOL!!

I hear ya, I work an average of 55 hours a week in 4 days, and have a 3 day weekend every week. I also have 5 weeks vacation that I have trouble finding ways to use without spending a ton of money lol

Yep, sure did. Just got home last night. Had a great time! Awesome classes from Mace Vitale, Nick Rossi, Ben Breda and Jason Morrissey. Met tons of great people with various levels of experience. I even spent a little time helping some newbies during the open forge sessions. I got some advice on kitchen knives from Greg Cimms, who in my opinion makes the most amazing kitchen knives I've ever seen. I also got some general knifemaking advice from Canadian Mastersmith Cristoph Derringer, he really knows his stuff! Wish I didn't fly so I could have brought some knives to have people critique. But all in all, it was an amazing experience and I'll probably go back next year!
Oh, and the lobster dinner was delicious!

Awesome!! I have not forged 1 thing I have only been doing material removal. I am headed towards forging though. I have a RR track, and a small forge 2/3's built, I have a refrigerant tank coming for a larger forge. Just gathering stuff to eventually do it. Figured something like a Hammer in would help me make good choices first time out.

Back