New folder- light, slim design

J. Doyle

Dealer - Purveyor
I wanted to make a really slim, light folder that was still a full size capable blade. I came up with this new design that is a folding version based on a lot of my hunter's. I like the results and will be doing more like it.

Specs:

3 1/4" W1 carbon steel blade w/ selective "French Etch" finish
4 ¹/8" closed
Black g-10 scales
Single jeweled titanium lock/liner.
Titanium pivot and screws
Black g-10 fileworked backspacer
Black g-10 pocket clip
Weighs in at 2.8 oz.

This pic shows all the nest colors and patterns in the blade finish.

THAT IS AWESOME. I did the mustard thing on a sword I made once but it did not look as good as yours.

Last edited:
THAT'S what took ya so long to post? I really wish you'd stop sitting on your laurels and produce something worthwhile.!
Man o man John , that's fabulous.

Beautiful work John. The colors in the blade remind me of the work of Luigi Kasimir (early 20th century artist and printmaker).

I can spot a John Doyle knife from a mile away. For such a neanderthal you sure have a touch for the elegant!

LOL.....thats funny. At a show once, I was supposed to meet up with a forum member who was very familiar with my knives but we'd never met in person. He came to my table like 6 times and never looked at my knives or name tag. I didn't know what he looked like either. He was just looking for as he said later, "some small old bespectacled white collar doctor/lawyer type" based on my knives. He didn't expect the big, (relatively) young, redneck knuckle dragging ape that I am. :D

Finally towards the end of day one, a group of us were standing around chatting and he finally saw my name tag and said "oh...Hey! It's you!"Good times.

Back