new from New Hampshire

daninghram

Hello, I am from Northern New Hampshire. I have had an interest in making knifes for years and found some o-1 tool steel in the gararge that I got as scrap so my interest has been rekindled.
Working on building a paintcan kiln and just need to find some satanite to cover the fiber insulation. Anyone buy from hightemptools or know of a New England source for satanite or something else that would work?
thanks
Dan

Hello, I am from Northern New Hampshire. I have had an interest in making knifes for years and found some o-1 tool steel in the gararge that I got as scrap so my interest has been rekindled.
Working on building a paintcan kiln and just need to find some satanite to cover the fiber insulation. Anyone buy from hightemptools or know of a New England source for satanite or something else that would work?
thanks
Dan
Hey!!!! I have a tutorial on my site on building forges. Wayne Coe has everything you need. He has a forum right here. If you get down to Mass. stop by the shop.

Hey!!!! I have a tutorial on my site on building forges. Wayne Coe has everything you need. He has a forum right here. If you get down to Mass. stop by the shop.

hey thanks, I was stationed in New Bedford way back in early 1980s. lived on the state pier for 2 years and 4 months.
I'll check out the tutorial. Thanks again.

I live walking distance from State Pier, you just have to walk up the hill on Union St. If you get down to NB stop by the shop.:biggrin:

Back