New knife idea

Joetrain

Since finishing my last two knives my sister in law has approached me and asked me to make a knife for my brother's birthday at the end of July. That gives me a month and a half to finish it, so I figured I'd better get crackin with the plan. He loves big heavy knives, and anything black leather. I figured I'd tackle something like a brass knuckle knife, he'd absolutely freak! What I have in mind is to shape the blade, handle, pommel, and gaurd all as one piece of steel, then attach matching brass plates to either side of the handle and gaurd/knuckles, then use pins to attach. Finish off with a black leather sheath with some bling attached. What do you think? It sounds a little ambitous to me, but exciting too, like asking my wife on our first date. It was a longshot too then, but it turned out awesome! :3: Comments, warnings, and pointers are welcome.

Wow. I'm not sure I would want to tackle that job. I instantly got an image in my mind as I was reading your post of how the knife would look. But I have to admit, at least for myself, that it would be a formidable job to pull off. I would do it if that is what you think he would like.
I personally would make a knife for my brother that I would hope he would use... a lot, and that way he would think of me often as he used it. I cant see that happening with the knife you described. But it's your project and your brother so you would know best.
Good luck!
Let us see the results.

Back