New Pheer 454 Up and Running in 3 hours

wmhammond

Hey guys, it came yesterday afternoon. Two heavy boxes.

IMG_1195.jpg

Unpacked it and inventoried it carefully

IMG_1196.jpg

Took it to the shop and set it up. Bolt the motor to the frame, slide on the drive wheel and tighten with an Allen wrench, bolt the platen assembly to the arm and slide the arm into the slot, put on the belt (60 grit provided),Motor was prewired and all I had to do was wire the motor into the control box (connect 4 wires). Control Box had a power wire, plug it in and turn it on. It is beautiful, quiet and runs so smooth. I would never have believed it could go this easily.

IMG_1197.jpgIMG_1198.jpg

Many thanks to Jose Navarro. Great guy to deal with, always available, perfect purchasing experience. I have no connection to Jose (never met him) or Pheer Grinders but I would certainly recommend Pheer to any of you New Dogs looking to upgrade. Now to go see if it will make a knife. I'll keep you posted.

Wallace

I'm happy for you Wallace! Once you get used to it, you'll never be able to do without it. It'll also come in handy for a lot of non-knife projects too, at least mine does. Hey, make a video of it and it's features.

Sweet, nothing like a new machine, like Self said you'll find it's a valuable machine for a whole lot purposes other than knife making. I use mine a lot for shaping and deburring all kinds of fabrication projects.

Looks like his machines are improving. You will love the variable speed .. Although many people do just fine without it I personally don't want to go back to the days when I had to say a prayer every time I put the steel to the wheel doing finish work.

Back