New quench formula

opaul

I came up with the idea to mix 1 part canola oil with 1 part engine oil 1 part transmission oil and enough lard to make a solid quench solution. That way I can move the ammo can around without spilling. This solution could also be use to prevent rust on finished blades. I am also thinking it will allow the steel to absorb more oil that will slowly leach and prevent rust! What do you guys think.
If you made it to this second paragraph- happy 2020 craziness. Please don’t take this seriously. I never was good at jokes.

I came up with the idea to mix 1 part canola oil with 1 part engine oil 1 part transmission oil and enough lard to make a solid quench solution. That way I can move the ammo can around without spilling. This solution could also be use to prevent rust on finished blades. I am also thinking it will allow the steel to absorb more oil that will slowly leach and prevent rust! What do you guys think.
If you made it to this second paragraph- happy 2020 craziness. Please don’t take this seriously. I never was good at jokes.
As I read this, I started wondering what John Doyle and Edd Caffrey's response was going to be and at the same time thinking "Did you read NONE of the previous responses on the topic of quenching oil!"
You had me there until the last paragraph. o_O :cool:

Opaul, your quench sounds more cost effective than mine. I use air hardening stainless. Do you know how many cans of air it takes to fill a five gallon quench bucket?!! Since you can’t see the bucket filling up you have to calculate by volume and buy the right numbers of cans! Oh and make sure the little straw is pointing into the bucket so you don’t waste it on the shop floor.

The people at Office Max love me!

Opaul, your quench sounds more cost effective than mine. I use air hardening stainless. Do you know how many cans of air it takes to fill a five gallon quench bucket?!! Since you can’t see the bucket filling up you have to calculate by volume and buy the right numbers of cans! Oh and make sure the little straw is pointing into the bucket so you don’t waste it on the shop floor.

The people at Office Max love me!
You are smoking too much of that canned air , mi amigo !

I've just realised that you should also be able to use this mix of yours for cleaning and lubricating your rifles and guns! You're a genius Opaul.

This post reminds me of an incident when I was 14 with my first chemistry set. I won't go into the details too much other than to say a "friend" of mine wanted to know about the specific gravity of various fluids. Most notably kerosene, gasoline, lighter fluid, motor oil and one or two other rather volatile substances.

All I will say is the garage did not burn down.

It was a very educational experience.

Back