New Skinner

Damn, I am in love with the handle material. What exactly is it anyway??? Love the skinner. What is on the spine? Would like to see a shot of it!!

Hi Mr. Craft. On the spine there are two sets of jimping. One in the traditional spot for your thumb.Buckeye 4.jpg
Buckeye 5.jpg

And another toward the tip for your index finger. This allows you to palm the knife and lets you kinda "point and shoot" while skinning.
Feedback from a couple of local whitetail hunters have been positive. They really like it.

Buckeye 6.jpg

Buckeye 7.jpg

Von Gruff is correct on the scales. It's resin cast in buckeye burl. I picked it up last year at the Bladeshow and just now getting around to using it.
I used some resin cast wood on another knife. I really like it. There's some beautiful material out there. :)

R1.jpg

Very nice, I kind of figured that might have been buckeye burl but wanted to know for sure. I have found it is always nice to tell all about a piece when showing! Kind of steel, length, handle material and always show pics of file work!! I suspected that was the purpose of the jimping. I have saw the need to choke up on a knife when the situation calls for it while skinning!! Sometimes things have gotten a bit messy or perhaps you are in a delicate area of the skinning job, either way the jimping will help to get thru those situations!!

You have a design there that will serve its purpose well! Thumbs up!!!

Back