New used HT Oven - Now What???

Frank Aguirre

I just got this oven, and it needs to be wired, and the previous owner said everything is in working condition it just needs to be wired up. The problem is I don't really know to much on how a HT oven work and its parts. I have read some by googling but I need you guy's help.

1. Judging from the pics, what do I still need to get her up and running?
2. The plug on this says 125v so will this work on a 110 v outlet or does this need to be bumped up to 220.
3. Will this set up get me past 1500f?

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Looks like the TC wires need to be connected to the PID (screws 9 and 10). The SSR input needs to be connected to the PID (screws 6 and 7), but the SSR appears to require AC control current and the PID appears to put out DC. That may be a sticking point. One of the output wires from the SSR goes to the element, the other SSR output wire connects to the input line.

I was sort of guessing at the numbers on the PID, but yours looks a lot like this one.

What's the resistance across the coil and the volume of the chamber?

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is some of the drawings of the PID that I have. The SSR says 240v and the plug on the PID says 125v. Is this pid for a 110 outlet or a 220 outlet

picture.php

Last edited:
Looks like the PID will work with either voltage. I believe the SSR will handle AC loads up to 380V, so 110V should work so long as you don't exceed 60A.

Back