Newbie from Atlanta, GA

tedinatl

Hi everyone,

I'm a newbie to this forum, as well as knifemaking. I just recently roughed out two drop-point hunter knives from a piece of O1 tool steel (one with just files and sandpaper - much harder than I thought!, and one with a grinder), and really enjoy it!

As far as making knives is concerned, would love to be able to get to the point where I gan give away knives to people and not feel guilty that they look like crap :). It might take a few years to get there, but I'm willing to learn and open to advice and criticism whenever anyone is willing to share. I am currently trying to figure out a way to make a heat treating furnace or oven that is reliable on the cheap (my daughter was born a couple of days ago, and I have another 2-year old, so needless to say I don't have too much expendable $$$).

Hopefully that gives y'all a bit of an idea of who I am. I have already spent a lot of time on here looking and reading in order to learn and improve.

Glad to be here! Ted

Last edited:
Hi Ted and welcome to KD. You sure are at the right place to learn about knife making just keep on reading some of the older post especially the tutorials.

Back