Newbie from Montana

Howdy,

I found this site through USA Knifemakers website. I'm a former law enforcement officer and have used knives since I was a youngster. While on duty, I typically carried 2 knives: a boot knife and a folder on my "Bat Belt". I've been interested in making knives for years. Last year I was diagnosed with MS and cancer and have subsequently "retired". The good news is I'm still vertical and should have the time to devote to my interests.

Looking forward to learning and any advice.

Thanks,
Clint

Clint welcome to knife dogs there are plenty of guys on here to get you headed in the right direction it's a great hobby. You got a great attitude!

Thanks guys, I appreciate the warm welcome!
I first saw Steve Kelly's knives when we were both selling on Etsy. At this point in time I don't have a shop area to work in, but are in the process of moving back to the part of Mont. I'm originally from. I will have a small workspace there.

Clint

Where are you headed to?(feel free not to answer) I'm up on the hi-line (hwy 2) between Havre and Chester.

I remember driving by the wisdom offramp when I moved here. It was -9 in april! Beautiful in that area though.

Welcome from Hialeah, Florida! I retired and started making nearly 3 years ago. My work area was 8x8 on the back porch. You don't need much to start.

Enjoy retirement and have fun making knives!

PS: Doesn't get too cold here, just humid and hot! LOL...

Welcome aboard Sir.
You will find the people, and their willingness to share knowledge , AMAZING around here.
The knife making community is an awesome bunch of people.

Wisdom......Brrrrrr , I lived in Whitehall for 2 years and my wife is from Anaconda.

Enjoy retirement

Dwane

My wife and I worked in Knoxville for 6 months George. The humidity down there is brutal!!
So you know what it's like over there Dwane. I was born in Dillon.
Thanks everyone for such a warm welcome. This seems like a great forum.

Clint

"The hi-line isn't exactly the Banana Belt either."

Lol....no it isn't. A lot of cold days in the winter. Fortunately my commute to the shop is short (24 steps...we live upstairs)

Dillon is my idea of a "real" western town.....can't really say why. I love going through that area.

Back