Newbie here hoping to get some opinions...

gallenby2

Hello,

I am to to this particular forum. I have been searching some old threads and there are some really good looking blades and a lot of good advice to be found.

Lately I have been looking into getting a new large chopper. I found Miller Brothers Blades and viewed their videos on youtube and have been in contact with them numerous times with great feedback and customer support.

I have decided to get one of their blades but I'm having one heck of a time choosing, I was hoping to get some input on the pros and cons to each design to try to decide between one of the two.

The two that I have it narrowed down to are the M-10 and the M-19 as pictured here:

M-10

163375_516916441675000_560508539_n.jpg

$(KGrHqZ,!j!FC9M0mITLBQ4wWGIIGg~~60_57.jpg

M-19

32927941396bfb991242d530ab781997.jpg

315785_503642126335765_504588178_n.jpg

I like both designs so I'm rather torn between the two. Both would be adequate choppers to say the least, but I'm looking for overall use, for example the M-19 would be able to pierce better than the M-10, but the M-10 would be better suited for batoning, it are these pros/cons that I have been thinking about.

Both are 5/16 5160.

Thank you for any help!!!

Im no expert on choppers, or any knife type for that matter, but personally would go for the second one

The designcseems more versatile, also the weight is focused in the front which makes it better for chopping, even with the swedge too

Its improbable that you would use it for other things(cutting small things) but if it were me i would go for the second one
(keep in mind im an amateur, jist giving my opinion :))

Thank you...opinions is what I'm hoping for!!

Oh...on the second one (M-19) you can get get a solid spine with no grind so that is also an option.

Thanks again!!!

If its for a chopper then definitely the second. It's closer to a kukri design which is good for chopping and looks like it's a more versatile knife all round.

Thanks again gentlemen!! I hate to admit it but I still seem to be on the fence...I just want to make the best choice for overall use...however no matter which one that I would choose, I would still be caring 1 or 2 smaller knives.

Back