Newbie Maineiac

So this damn bug got me. The knife making one that is and a little to soon. I am up here in the northeast (Maine) freezing by the way. Love the site tons of great info you guys rock. My situation sucks, no space or budget for tools so a few broken down oldies are waiting to be put to use. Plus no room so I am waiting for some above freezing temps ( in the carport) to get started. Till then here I read and learn so not all bad.

Just wanted to say Hi and thanks for all the good info.

It been cold for the time of year here also. 57° yesterday morning and 64° this morning on the porch but, it quickly got into the 70s.

Funny story George I was researching a little bit on respirators and liked what I saw on the site. Seems that we have similar taste I ordered the north 7700 half mask myself today. First new purchase besides some belts for an old hand me down grinder. Safety first as they say.

Hi Newbie,

Welcome to the forum - lots of good info here. I'm in Bangor with a small shop behind my house. Been at it for about six years. Drop me an email if you're nearby and want to chat about the addiction. Dickret@gmail.com

Dick

Will do Dick, I have family in Albion so not a far trip on a nice day. Just getting started so seeing other setups is great. Meet a few makers this weekend at the Lewiston gunshow, guy by the name Big Pete and Mike marsh of Road ends outfitters and picked their brains for a bit and got some goods info. Will be in touch thanks for the offer.

Back