NT Kith 2013

Farmbrnboy,NJSticker explained it fairly well on our last one.....
KITH stands for Knife In The Hat. The ones that take place on the forums are a modern rendition of an old hammer-in practice where the 'smiths that got together would each bring something that they had made/forged. They'd place the item in the hat, then each would take a turn drawing out an item that another had made.

In that spirit, the forum KITH's are usually done the same way. Each participant makes a knife, the organizer selects the participants at random, and each person sends a knife to someone, and in turn receives a knife from someone else. It's done in good fun, with no pressure (except the deadlines!)

I'm in! That was fun last year. Oh I just remembered all the hand filing and sanding. What a boatload of work. The giant seax I got from George last year could cut a zombie at 10 paces. So we're looking at mid June for deadline? What are we doing? Zombie kitchen? Mine will be a sharpened metal straw to poke through the skull and simply drink the brains. Easy enough.

Sweet! There's going to be some awesome work come out of this KITH for sure. For you newer guys buildalong's of your work are highly encouraged. If for no other reason than to keep everyone salivating at the tools they hope to add to their collection.

Hmmmmmm :les:

I've got alot on my plate in the near term but I'll shoot for being "in" again this year. Am I correct in assuming we'll have a final role call of who's IN right before the drawing ?

FWIW I too welcome and would encourage the participation of all stock removers.

The dates for Blade this year are-May 31st - June 2nd 2013

For clarification, Are we making Zombie slayers or blades more appopriate for dismantling and processing the flesh of the un-dead for the dinner table ?

USDA Warning: Consuming Raw or Undercooked flesh of the un-dead may be hazardous to your health :)

Thanks,

Josh

Awesome, glad to have all of you involved! Just have a knife ready to be shipped by June 3, and you're all set.

Josh, I think the idea was some sort of eating utensil, but you can't eat 'em if you don't kill 'em. I'd be fine either way.

well i missed this thread and asked if we were doing this again in my old one so duh on me, and of course i am in. This was my favorite kith to do.

I think I want to join in on the fun but I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around the theme. What exactly are we making? Lol

IMHO, the key is "artistic interpretation". In other words, whatever it means to you. We'll look forward to seeing
the result.

I would like to participate if it's not too late. This sounds like a lot of fun and has got my brain churning.

Great to see more guys interested! There's no formal signup for this one, just have a knife ready to ship on Monday, June 3 to be considered entered. We'll get someone to draw names then.

Back