NWG motors

T

torqueman

I thought I had this until I did some research. Now I am more confused than ever. The web sites have multiple motors that all seem to fit the description from the instructions. How about I ask it this way? Has anyone purchased a motor for their NWG on line they liked? If so where and what model?

That's a good deal on that motor. I looked forever for a used one that matches what Tracy recommends and nothing turned up so I bought new from tsc. I paid too much for mine but was tired of looking and waiting. Rural king had a great deal on a motor but the shaft was so big I couldn't find a pulley to fit it. It was like 7/8 or something. Good luck! You will love your grinder.

Keep your eyes open on e-bay. Scored me a New 2hp farm duty for $100 shipped2thumbs

I bought my last 2 at Tractor Supply Co (TSC). Farm duty and I paid around $189 I think. I was in a hurry. I got one used one for $75 and another for $100 at different motor repair places.

I bought my KMG's motor from Grizzly in their outlset section online. It's a 3 phase, so I had to get a VFD as well (a TECO FM50 that I put in a home-built clean box), but I wanted variable speed anyway. :)

They've got 2HP, 3 phase 3600 rpm motors for $111 right now, and even a 5HP, 3 phase 1800 rpm motor for $125 (note that the 5hp VFD will cost you a bit more than the 2hp VFD). HERE is the wesite.

--nathan

I have a motor brand-new it's 1 1/2 hp, all enclose, ac @3250 rpm. I was told you can not put a speed controller on it, so you would have to go with step pulley's. Call for detail.;)

Thanks a lot for the help. I think I will go with the QC Supply one. Anyone have a promotional code they would like to share for QC?

Ok guys question number two. I really didn't think I would have to ask this but...

I got the leeson motor. I opened up the wire access panel. No wiring diagram in site. So how do I wire this thing? I need to wire it for 115 volts.

wires are labeled and some are twisted together.
T2 T3 T8 are a group
T4 T5 are a group
T1 and T1 are crimped together
P1 and P2 are connected to the reset button.

I will answer my own question in case someone is looking for this.

for 115 volt
Black to P1
White to T2 T4 and T5
T3 T8 and P2 together

That should give counter clockwise rotation. If not switch T5 and T8

Back