Oak handled knife

Squawsach

I've worked with oak on wood projects but this is the first time I have tried it on a knife handle. I kinda like it.

The knife 8 3/4" OAL, 3/16" O1, brass bolsters and pins.

goldenknife010.jpg

That's a great looking knife all around. Nice looking piece of oak though. I also like the matching lanyard bead. Nice touch.

I've worked with oak on wood projects but this is the first time I have tried it on a knife handle. I kinda like it.

The knife 8 3/4" OAL, 3/16" O1, brass bolsters and pins.

goldenknife010.jpg

OK now you can't just throw that out there with out some explanation, "I've worked with oak on wood projects but this is the first time I have tried it on a knife handle"!

You have got to tell more about the Oak handle.

Quarter sawn?

Burl?

What did you do get the finish etc.etc.

I am impressed because I have finished alot of Oak but that piece just grabs my eye! :drool: :drool:
Hey and the blade is great too! :52: :biggrin:

OK now you can't just throw that out there with out some explanation, "I've worked with oak on wood projects but this is the first time I have tried it on a knife handle"!

You have got to tell more about the Oak handle.

Quarter sawn?

Burl?

What did you do get the finish etc.etc.

I am impressed because I have finished alot of Oak but that piece just grabs my eye! :drool: :drool:
Hey and the blade is great too! :52: :biggrin:

The handle was made from a stabilized oak burl block. It was hard, dense and worked well with a file. I just cut the scales, glued them on, shaped, sanded, and buffed.

That may be the prettiest piece of oak I recall seeing, ever. Of course it could just be the knife it's on, which is nice enough to make just about any material look good.

Back