Official KITH exchange list

Chris Railey

My son (aka the boy) has conducted the random drawing for us. The listed pairs will exchange knives.

Randy Lucius———Bruce McLeish
Jason Volkert——-Kev
Gene Kimmi———Small Shop
Kevin Zito———Justin W
Tkroen———D. Macina
Opaul———Chris Railey
Sean Jones———Retroguy

Since Gene already has an extra knife started And he is willing he is in the drawing twice. Gene if something happens let me know Lucius and I will back you up. Apologies to Opaul, you drew the short straw...lol.
Is December 10th ok with everyone as a mailing deadline?

Last edited:
My son (aka the boy) has conducted the random drawing for us. The listed pairs will exchange knives.

Luciusx5———BJMac
Jason Volkert——-Kev
Gene Kimmi———Small Shop
Kevin Zito———Justin W
Tkroen———D. Macina
Opaul———Chris Railey
Sean Jones———Gene Kimmi

Since Gene already has an extra knife started And he is willing he is in the drawing twice. Gene if something happens let me know Lucius and I will back you up. Apologies to Opaul, you drew the short straw...lol.
Is December 10th ok with everyone as a mailing deadline?
December 10th will work for me.

Now I just need to get to work. It's been hot here...breaking 100 the last few days, so I haven't been in the shop. It supposed to start cooling down soon though..

Thanks Chris for doing all the work on this

Dec. 10 sounds like a long ways off...but I'm sure it'll get here quick enough I'll have to hurry. I've got some learning to do between now and then. I did just load about 100 lbs of wrought into the back of my truck though.

Looks good to me! All I have left to do is sharpen the blade and make the sheath. I’ll wait until the last minute i’m sure ;).

12/10 sounds good to me. I can probably scrap a lot of steel between now and then. Luciusx5 was my “handle”. Changed to using my real name. Thanks!!!

Hi, I understand if it is too late but I would love to do this but have been off line due to health issues. I’m back on track. It looks like there was an uneven amount so I would love to join in. If you need to stick with the deadline date I completely understand. Also you can look at some of my past post knives to see if my skill level is good enough.

I do not think anyone would mind if you slide in a little late. That will keep Gene from having to make two knives. There is no skill minimum. All you have to do is your best work. I am glad you have healed to the point you can get back in the shop.

I do not think anyone would mind if you slide in a little late. That will keep Gene from having to make two knives. There is no skill minimum. All you have to do is your best work. I am glad you have healed to the point you can get back in the shop.
Thanks Chris, I am excited to do this and needed a reason to make a knife. Like we need reasons. Anyway could you direct me to the criterion if there is any. I will start a thread with my KITH. Thanks again.

This year we kind of did a Bowie theme so make your interpretation of a Bowie if you wish. The Bowie is not required so if you do not want to do a Bowie then choose any knife you wish. The only requirements are quality materials and your best work. Sheath or saya should also be included. You will exchange with Sean Jones.

This year we kind of did a Bowie theme so make your interpretation of a Bowie if you wish. The Bowie is not required so if you do not want to do a Bowie then choose any knife you wish. The only requirements are quality materials and your best work. Sheath or saya should also be included. You will exchange with Sean Jones.

Ok thank you. It will be a challenge but I can do it. Thank you.

I forgot to mention that since we are exchanging in pairs, when both in the pair are finished with their knives they can exchange when they wish. Wait until the deadline or exchange immediately...up to you.

I'm excited...got some new stuff in the works! Just now changing from hollow grinds to convex grinds! If I misunderstood and this is "Bowie Only" knock me outta the loop...I haven't been keeping up to well on the flow here...

I'm excited...got some new stuff in the works! Just now changing from hollow grinds to convex grinds! If I misunderstood and this is "Bowie Only" knock me outta the loop...I haven't been keeping up to well on the flow here...
You are good, Bowies are not required. You are not the only one choosing to do something different and if my Bowie don't start acting right I will be doing something else...

Back